Monday, May 1, 2023

EOTO 2 reaction

    I learned so much through my peers while listening to them speak in their presentations. The presentation that really caught my eye was the one that spoke about propaganda. I have always heard about propaganda especially in classes like history but I did not realize how much propaganda is still used even in todays advanced world. 


Propaganda is defined as the dissemination of information such as facts, rumors, half truths and even lies in order to influence public opinion. They spoke about how in North Korea propaganda is used even today. There are posters all in and around the country of North Korea not only promoting the country in a friendly and positive way but also trying to influence the people to believe they are fighting for a good cause. These posters portray their leader Kim Jun Un as a god amongst men. North Koreans posters mainly highlight how great their military is while also promoting how great their leaders and government are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO 2 reaction

     I learned so much through my peers while listening to them speak in their presentations. The presentation that really caught my eye was...